Belgrade Theatre Coventry
The Belgrade Theatre was built in 1958 as part of the reconstruction of Coventry after World War II. Holding 858 in its two-tier main auditorium, and 250 - 300 in the flexible, second space, B2, it remains one of the largest regional producing theatres in Britain.
Autumn 2007 saw the re-opening of the Belgrade Theatre after completion of its £14 million redevelopment project, including the creation of B2, and refurbishment of the existing listed building.
Having started the Theatre-in-Education (TIE) movement in the 1960s, the Belgrade also continues to pioneer new initiatives in this field as well as other community and outreach programmes.
The Theatre remains the major arts and cultural facility in Coventry and the only large-scale building based professional producing theatre company in the City. It aims to present a broad spectrum of excellent work and produces a wide range of shows appealing to a broad audience.
Recent Belgrade productions include: Faithful Ruslan – The Story of a Guard Dog, Pink Sari Revolution and Godiva Rocks as well as its annual pantomime and alternative B2 Christmas Show.
Chairman of the Board of Directors
Director of Production
Director of Communications
Associate Director, Click Spring
Head of Commercial and Operations
Head of Development